Improving your smile reaps its own rewards. Healthy teeth can improve your self-esteem, your overall oral health, make you more presentable and approachable by your peers, and improve your overall look. The time and effort it takes per day to brush and floss is minimal, but it can have drastic positive effects on your health care. We strongly encourage our patients to take the time to improve your brushing and flossing techniques now, before problems arise. Here are flossing tips to help you get started:
– Never use random materials for dental floss. Only use floss or interdental cleaners recommended by your dentist.
– Choose dental floss that has the American Dental Association ADA Seal of Acceptance.
– Prevent damage to your teeth and gums by flossing softly and safely.
– When flossing, use a piece between 16-20 inches in length. Move to a different section of thread for each tooth. Use a gentle motion to move to or from each tooth.
– Don’t forget to floss between every single tooth and behind your back teeth.
– Always floss at least once per day.
– Avoid using floss that can easily tear or fray.
– Be sure to visit your dentist at Dental Arts of Catoosa for your professional cleanings as scheduled.
To schedule an oral exam with Dr. Michaelsen or Dr. Bulleigh, please call 918-937-2787 to speak to a member of our friendly team. Located in Catoosa, Oklahoma, we look forward to helping you create the smile of your dreams!