If you are looking to save your teeth from advancing decay and possible extraction, it is possible to prevent future damage with the help of a dental restoration such as dental crowns. Dental crowns are caps placed on top of teeth to give them an additional layer of protection from tooth decay. With proper oral hygiene habits including brushing twice daily and flossing daily, it is possible to drastically increase the lifespan of a tooth capped with a dental crown.
To enhance your oral health with dental crowns. consider these helpful benefits they can provide for your smile:
- Any teeth with irregularities in their shape, size, color, curvature, fit, or alignment, can be enhanced with dental crowns.
- Use dental crowns if you suffer from weak teeth or have teeth that are especially vulnerable. They can help prevent further cracking, chipping, or fraying.
- Dental crowns are an ideal choice for concealing and further protecting various other dental services you may have had, such as dental bridges, fillings, dental implants, or root canals.
- Bruxism can wear down teeth over time. Dental crowns can help prevent further wear or decay.
- Dental crowns can fuse together bits of broken or fractured teeth.
- Dental crowns can improve your smile cosmetically by improving or concealing the look of unsightly teeth.
Dr. Soren Michaelsen and Dr. Nathan Bulleigh along with the rest of our team at Dental Arts of Catoosa look forward to helping you achieve a healthy smile for many years to come. If you are interested in learning more about dental crowns, you can schedule an oral exam by contacting us at 539-204-9977. Located in Catoosa, Oklahoma, we look forward to supporting your oral health in any way possible.